ZT Weather Monitoring Report
Srinagar: Another snow spell is due to start across Jammu & Kashmir and parts of Ladakh and Kargil from Sunday night until late Wednesday.
But will it snow in Kashmir valley plains and Srinagar this time round?
Guided by the analysis of diverse weather data by Ziraat Times, here is the 4-day area-wise ZT Weather Outlook for Jammu & Kashmir:
Sunday, 22 November: Late Sunday night snowfall will begin across north Kashmir, including Gurez valley, Razdan Pass, Upper Bandipora, Sadhna Pass, Upper Kupwara, Sonamarg, Zoji La Pass, Gund Valley’s upper areas, Kargil, Drass, Zanaskar, Kolohai areas, Upper Pahalgam areas, Margam Pass, Gulmarg, Yusmarg, Tossa Maidan, Pir Ki Gali, Upper areas of Rajouri Poonch, Upper Kishtwar, Upper Bhaderwah and Doda areas.
Monday, 23 November: Light rainfall and moderate to light snowfall likely across Kashmir valley, and also upper Chenab valley and upper areas of Pirpanjal valley.
Tuesday, 24 November: Moderate to light snowfall will continue intermittently across Kashmir valley, and also upper Chenab valley and upper areas of Pirpanjal valley. Upper South Kashmir areas might experience heavy snowfall on Tuesday.
Wednesday, 25 November: Periods of snowfall in North and South Kashmir areas will continue, with heavy snowfall mostly in upper North Kashmir and South Kashmir areas.
Thursday, 26 November: Weather will start clearing from early Thursday.
DURING THIS SPELL THIS IS HOW MUCH SNOW IS EXPECTED AREA-WISE J&K:
- Kashmir valley plain areas: 4 inches to 8 inches of total snowfall expected in various areas.
- North Kashmir areas of upper Kupwara, upper Rafiabad, Sadhna Pass, Razdan Pass, Gurez, upper Bandipora, Gund-Kangan valley areas, Sonamarg and surrounding areas are likely to receive 1 to 2 feet of snowfall.
- Pirpanjal mountain range and karewas areas along the range from Verinag to Pir ki Gali to Yusmarg and to Tosa Maidan, Gulmarg and Upper Kandi Baramulla areas would receive 1 feet to 2 feet of snowfall.
- The south-eastern parts of Kashmir valley, from Verinag, Pahalgam, upper Tral, Kolohai areas, Shikargah, Dachigam Park areas would receive between 6 inches to 2 feet of snowfall.
- Upper Bhaderwah, Upper Kishtwar, upper Doda, Sinthan Top, Margan Top and Margan valley would receive snowfall between 1 feet to 2 feet.
Photo courtesy: ARSHID MAJID
Note: Ziraat Times issues this weather outlook in the interest of farmers and general public based on the analysis of multiple weather data, including dynamic and ultraviolet satellite imagery, cloud movement models, supercomputer-generated direction and wind speeds associated with the westerly jet, temperature variations within Jammu & Kashmir, sub-regions and neighbouring regions, including past weather data and patterns. While maximum care is taken in generating this information, and most times our forecasts are accurate; due to the rapidly-changing nature of winds, humidity and local cloud formation, at times, the forecast might not go as anticipated. We advise discretion in using this information.