Srinagar: Srinagar district administration has announced a ‘complete corona curfew’ in the district between May 10 and May 17, with certain relaxations for permissible and semi-permissible activities between 8 AM and 12 PM.
As per an order issued by the District Magistrate, Srinagar, Muhammad Aijaz Asad, while a corona curfew will remain in force during this period in Srinagar, there will, however, be some relaxations of business activities for essential items from 8 am to 12 noon.
As per the official order issued Monday evening, a copy of which has been received by Ziraat Times, the following activities shall be permissible and non-permissible during above mentioned period of the Corona Curfew.
(A) Permissible Activities.
The permitted essential services shall be limited to the barest minimum and shall not be too expansive in order to minimize movement
- Chemists and druggists(both in retail and wholesale),
- Diagnostic centers, Medical ,optical and clinical establishments.
- LPG Outlets and Petrol Pumps.
- Restaurants in hotels for in-house guests, to be served only in the rooms.
- LPG Outlets and Petrol Pumps.
- Cattle feed and fodder shops.
- Agricultural activities including establishments dealing with agricultural inputs, implements and tools. Cattle feed and fodder shops.
- FCI and FCS&CA depots.
- Operation and maintenance of telecom towers and other telecom infrastructure (on production
of valid ID card).
- e-Commerce& Home Delivery of essential goods and services.
- All Industrial and Scientific establishments (both Public & Private).
- All development, construction works & mining activities.
- Movement of all Health, Medical & Sanitation personnel (Both Government and Private) on
production of ID Cards.
- Routine vaccination drive in all designated sites along with additional sites for residential areas
and containment zones.
- Officers and officials of UT Government, Government of India, PSUs, Autonomous bodies, Universities, All India Radio, Doordarshan and other such offices on production of Department IDCards /Officialorders.
- Movement of goods and essential supplies, nomads migrating with herds, Darbar Move Officials / staff, and other products like agricultural / horticultural goods, on the National & State Highways.
(B) Partially Permissible Activities (From 8am to 12pm only)
- Retail & Wholesale Grocery Shops (excluding multi item departmental stores).
- Milk and Dairy products.
- Mandis, Shops & Street Vendors dealing with fruits and vegetables only.
- Bakery, Meat and Chicken Shops.
(C) Non-Permissible Activities.
- There shall be a complete ‘Corona’ curfew with no movement of people except for permissibleactivities only, as mentioned above.
- All Educational institutions are already closed and shall continue to remain closed.
iii. All Shopping Complexes, Bazaars, Saloons, Barber Shops, Cinema Halls, Restaurants & Bars, Sport Complexes, Gyms, Spas, Swimming Pools, Parks, Zoos, etc, shall remain closed.
iv. Religious & Social gatherings such as marriages, attended by up to 25 persons only, whether indoors or outdoors, and funerals / last rites, attended by up to 20 persons only, are allowed.
(D) Other Measures:
- Health Department will establish Telemedicine facilities for patients isolating at home. Dedicated Control room numbers for this shall be widely publicized.
- To ensure proper examination of patients & correct referral and thereby reducing unnecessary load on tertiary and referral hospitals, Triage Centers shall be established in the nearby locations of various Covid-19 hospitals.CMO Srinagar shall identify the locations and facilitate for establishment of such Triage Centers.
- All Tertiary care and referral Hospitals viz. SKIMS Soura, SMHS ,JVC Bemina, CD ,JLNM shall establish their own Triage Centers.
- No patient shall be denied admission to any hospital or treatment facility just because they do not have Covid -19 positive test result.
- CMO Srinagar shall ensure that Covid -19 testing is more targeted and focused on the unvaccinated population and Hotspots.
- Direct admission of patients in tertiary care hospitals of Srinagar District shall be allowed only on referral from a district hospital except for emergencies. All COVID patients being admitted to tertiary hospitals in Srinagar shall necessarily be based on referral from their respective District hospitals, except for grave emergencies.
- The staff of those institutions which have been closed in view of covid 19 or are working on minimum attendance, shall continue to attend their covid related duty as assigned to them by DDMA.
- Staff from various Departments /institutions within the jurisdiction of District Srinagar shall report to DDMA Srinagar as and when orders are issued for utilizing their services for covid related work like mobilization for vaccination, testing and information, education and communication activities, etc.
- All Office heads in government offices /banks shall ensure an attendance of 50% of staff strength only, except for staff needed for Covid-19 related duties who shall work at 100% of their staff strength.
Last but not the least, public at large is also being informed that Section 51 of the Disaster Management Act provides for penalties in case a person obstructs any officer or employee in discharge of his functions or refuses to comply with any direction given under this Act. Any violation of the above directions will, therefore, lead to prosecution under section 51of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and section 188 of Indian Penal Code. SSP Srinagar shall strictly enforce compliance to this order.